We work together to find solutions to our shared challenges.
The South East Asian Radiation Oncology Group (SEAROG) was inaugurated on May 12, 2007 composed of National Radiation Oncology Societies of member countries which share common geographical location, disease patterns, resources, and challenges. SEAROG founding members were IROS (Indonesia), MOS (Malaysia), PROS (Philippines), SRS (Singapore) and THASTRO (Thailand).
- Malaysian Oncology Society
- Indonesian Radiation Oncology Society
- Philippines Radiation Oncology Society
- Singapore Radiological Society
- Thai society of Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology
- Brunei Cancer Center
- Individual members from Myanmar, Cambodia and Vietnam
The mission of the organization is to improve the quality of radiation oncology practice in the South East Asian Region by means of enhancing cooperation in education, research and Quality Assurance initiatives.
This is achieved by the following areas of activity:
- Advancing the knowledge and practice of medicine in the field of radiation oncology
- Improving the standards in education in radiation oncology
- Improving the outcomes of cancer treatment; safety and consistency in radiation oncology
Our members come from Radiation Oncology Societies in several countries in South East Asia, connected by a common goal of promoting the development of the profession of Radiation Oncology in the region
What We Do
We have worked together since 2007 to improve the quality of radiation oncology services in the region. It works together with major organizations including the IAEA, ESTRO and ASTRO to provide professionals in the region with access to training initiatives.