- The idea of forming a regional radiation oncology society came up during the lst Annual Convention of the Indonesian Radiation Oncology Society (IROS) in February 2nd — 6th, 2006 in Lombok Island, Indonesia. Among those present were Dr. Richard Potter (Vienna), Dr. Katy Dinshaw (India), Dr. Joseph Wee (Singapore), Dr. Yap Swee Peng (Singapore), Dr. Miriam Joy Calaguas (Phillipines), and Dr. Soehartati Gondhowiardjo (Indonesia), as the host of the meeting.
- Dr. Richard Potter was the supervisor of Dr. Soehartati Gondhowiardjo in Muenster, Germany; who was then appointed as the Head of Scientific Council of ESTRO. Realizing the needs to improve skills and knowledge among Radiation Oncologists in South East Asia region, the discussion to form a new regional radiation oncology group arose
- At the following meeting in Manila, on May 2nd 2006, the group met to prepare for the inauguration of the South East Asian Radiation Oncology Society (SEAROS). It was then agreed that the organization to be called the South East Asian Radiation Oncology Group (SEAROG).
- SEAROG was finally inaugurated on May 12th 2007 at the National Cancer Center (NCC) in Singapore. SEAROG founding members are the national radiation oncology societies from Indonesia (IROS), Malaysia (MOS), Philippines (PROS), Singapore (SRS) and Thailand (THASTRO).
- The organization is committed to unite the member countries in the South East Asia Region, which share common geographical location, disease patterns, resources, problems, and to work together to find solutions to these problems
- In 2012, during the leadership of Dr Gondhowiardjo, SEAROG welcomed new members from Vietnam and Cambodia; and also from Brunei Darussalam and Myanmar in 2013 during the leadership of Dr Wahid
- To this date, SEAROG has already elected four Presidents, Dr Vijay Sethi, Dr Miriam Joy Calaguas, Dr Soehartati Gondhowiardjo, and Dr Ibrahim Wahid; and had arranged five annual courses by ESTRO in the Southeast Asia region, and many more will come in the future
SEAROG Executive Committee 2007 – now
|President||Dr Vijay Sethi||Dr Miriam J Calaguas||Dr Soehartati Gondhowiardjo||Dr Ibrahim Wahid|
|1st Vice President||Dr Soehartati Gondjowiardjo||Dr Soehartati Gondjowiardjo||Dr Ibrahim Wahid||Dr Nopadol A|
|2nd Vice President||Dr Miriam J Calaguas||Dr Nopadol A||–||–|
|Secretary||Dr Joseph Wee||Dr Teresa Sy Ortin||Dr Teresa Sy Ortin||Dr Teresa Sy Ortin|
|Treasurer||Dr Gurcharan S||Dr Ibrahim Wahid||Dr Nopadol A||Dr A Giselvania|
|Advisor||–||Dr Richard Potter||Dr Richard Potter||Dr Richard Potter|
|Clinical Trial Committee||Dr. Nana S||Dr Chua Eu Tiong||Dr Wong Fuh Yong||Dr Wong Fuh Yong|
|Practice Guidelines Committee||Dr Yongyut Khongtharanat||Dr Lee Khai Mun||Dr Pramook P||Dr Pramook P|
|Education and Training Committee||Dr Teresa Sy Ortin||Dr Pramook P||Dr Miriam J Calaguas||Dr Miriam J Calaguas|
|International Relation Committee||Dr Gerard Lim||Dr Nana Supriana||Dr Anita Z Bustam||Dr Anita Z Bustam|
|QA Committee||Dr A Nopadol||Dr Gerard Lim||Dr Nana Supriana||Dr Soehartati Gondhowiardjo|